1. Everyone Speaks English
2. You drive on the left hand side of the road (The other one to us in the UK!)
3. Everywhere takes credit or debit card
4. The local currency is Icelandic Kroner
5. You have to pay for your petrol at the machine using a card, which you have to input before you fill up. It is not easy to
understand how and you will probably have to ask for help, but they are used to us tourists not understanding and are very
nice about it!
6. There are only about 300,000 Icelanders
7. The midnight sun in the summer means there really is no dark, and In the heart of winter there are only 4-5 hours between Sunrise and Sunset
8. The restaurants are excellent - fresh seafood and organic lamb at its best.
9. Even if you hire a 4WD hire car you are not allowed to take it off the tarmac road
10. Weather changes incredibly fast in Iceland so take waterproofs even when it is sunny, and never give up on the Northern Lights as the skies clear as quickly as they cloud up.