1. Take a Sunrise or Sunset Trek on a Camel through the Sand Dunes looking out over miles of
desert as far as you can see
2. Take a boat trip from Muscat to see hundreds of Dolphins leaping and diving
3. Stay up late and watch Turtles laying eggs, and hatchlings emerge from their nest and run down the beach into the sea
4. Stay at Al Waha at Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah Resort in Muscat and jump into a rubber hoop in the Lazy River that flows through the gardens and acts as “transport” from one Swimming Pool to another.
5. Hunt for the many sea coral fossils 2,000 M high up in the Mountains at Jebel Akhdhar
6. Do Rolly Pollys down a 80m high Sand Dune
7. Find the secret trap doors in the many 17th Century Portuguese built forts
8. Have a Henna painting done on your hand by a Bedouin lady
9. Go Dune Bashing in the Desert in a 4 WD – Prepare to go backwards!
10. Swim on beautiful beaches and in the Bimah Sinkhole
11. See Frankincense be harvested from the trees in the South
12. Explore 400 yr old mud villages
13. Go to the Souks and buy traditional dress and headwear, jewellery or camel toys
14. Find Iridium – originally created 65 Million years ago when the Meteorite hit the planet and wiped out the Dinosaurs
15. Take a hair raising but stunning 4 WD safari on a Mountain track from Nizwa to Muscat through the Mountains
16. Walk along the Falaj irrigation canals as if you are on the beam, and watch the villagers diverting waters for their crops
17. Discover Palm Tree Oasis rising out of the arid landscape
18. Visit The Grand Mosque in Muscat and hear the call to prayer ring out 5 times a day
19. Explore some of the many Wadis – stopping for a swim
20. Look through a telescope to see Saturn’s Ring, 3 of Jupiter’s Moons and the craters in our Moon from Hotel Sahab up in the mountains.