Terms and conditions
The following booking conditions and other details within this website form the basis of your contract with us. They map out our obligations to you, your obligations to us and both of our respective rights.
For clarity ‘You’ means all parties included within a booking. We /Us refers to Weekend a la Carte Ltd.
1. MAKING A BOOKING AND PAYMENT
- The holidays advertised in this web site and any accompanying literature are offered subject to availability at time of booking.
Once you complete and send us an online booking form and we have taken your deposit you
have accepted our offer and a contract exists between both parties. You are
authorising us to book the relevant services related to your holiday and any
changes or cancellation after this will incur additional costs. This contract
is subject to English Law and we both agree that any dispute or claim which
arises in connection with this contract will be dealt with by the Courts of
England and Wales.
To make a booking you must complete the booking procedure on the phone or via e mail with one of our consultants, and pay your deposit. The party leader is responsible for all payments to us but we would recommend that all travelling party members check the details of the correspondence between you and us and contact us immediately if there is any variation as it may not be possible to change things at a later date.
- Our standard terms of travel are that we take a 50%* deposit at time of booking, and the balance 8 weeks before travel. *However please note that on some breaks where we have to pay upfront for tickets at time of booking we will have to take a higher level of deposit. This will be advised at time of booking.
- Your final payment is due 8 weeks before travel. If
your final payment is received less than 8 weeks prior to departure we reserve
the right to charge to cancel your booking, at which point you will lose your
deposits and be liable to any outstanding amounts we have committed to on your
- We accept debit cards and credit card payment as well as a bank transfer. However due to the fees levied on us by the card companies a 1.75% charge will be levied for credit card, (2.5% for Amex), payments only. If the debit or credit card is registered outside the UK there will be a 2.5% charge for either. If the debit card is registered in the UK there will be no charge.
2. TRAVEL INSURANCE
- All travellers with Weekend a la Carte Ltd are required to have adequate travel insurance. Due to the nature of many of our weekends you will need to check any existing policies to make sure you are covered. If you are already covered or wish to make other arrangements then you need to provide us the details of your alternative policies.
- We will send you details of our carefully selected travel partner, TAG connect at the time of booking
3. PASSPORTS, VISAS, HEALTH & SAFETY
- You must ensure that all members of your party have a valid acceptable passport and all visas and all innoculations and health certificates for all countries to be visited. Please consult your doctor well in advance of departure.
- We will advise and advice where necessary in obtaining visas for those destinations where this is required but we are not responsible for any application declined by the issuing authority.
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months following your arrival in a foreign destination
- For foreign office advice on any destination please visit www.fco.gov.uk/knowbeforeyougo or call the ABTA information line on tel 0901 2015050 ( there is a charge for this service)
4. THE COST OF YOUR HOLIDAY
- The prices quoted in our web site are our nearest estimates, applicable at the time, for the weekend break advertised. Due to the tailor made nature of our service the final cost will not be advised until we have worked with you to create the exact holiday you require. All prices are quoted in Sterling and apply where at least two passengers are travelling.
- All advertised prices or prices quoted by our staff before booking confirmation are for guidance only and may be subject to change prior to the booking being confirmed. We reserve the right to increase (surcharge) the price of your experience after your booking has been made. Such price increases will be limited to those resulting from increases in transportation costs (including fuel and airfares), dues, taxes (including VAT), fees chargeable for services (including landing taxes and embarkation and disembarkation and security fees at airports), Government action or exchange rate variation. In the event that a surcharge increases the price of your experience by 10% or more, you may cancel your experience and receive a full refund. We will, in any event, absorb the first 2% of any price increase, and no surcharges will be made within 30 days of departure. As we have a diverse range of products purchased at different times, we will inform you of the purchasing exchange rate if any surcharge is due to adverse currency fluctuation.
5. CHANGES TO YOUR HOLIDAY
Changes by us
- We promise to ensure that that the holiday arrangements you entrust with us both match your expectation and your contractual rights. However from time to time situations may arise which require us to make changes to your holiday booking. In the very unlikely event that we need to make a MAJOR change or indeed cancel your holiday we will offer you the following options:
- Accepting the changed arrangements or
- Purchasing an alternative holiday from us, of a similar value to that originally booked if available (If less expensive we will refund the difference and if more expensive we would ask you to pay the difference) or
- Cancelling in which case you will receive a full refund of all monies you have paid to us (except flight costs) within 7 days.
- If during your holiday an activity is cancelled or changed due to unforeseen circumstances resulting in you not being able to undertake the activity then we will offer you an alternative programme of similar value. If you accept this then we will not be in a position to make a refund. If you choose instead to have a refund upon your return then the cost of the activity, less any administration charges, will be repaid within 7 days of your return to the United Kingdom.
- To avoid unnecessary risk to our customers, our colleagues providing the services on your holiday, reserve the right to modify the holiday of any participant who they believe could pose a threat to either themselves or to others if allowed to undertake the activity in question.
Changes by you
Should you wish to make a change to your booking we should be notified in writing as soon as possible by the party leader. While we can offer no guarantees of being able to make any changes we will endeavour to assist. Where we can an amendment fee of £50 per person will be applied in addition to any cost changes brought about by the change to your booking.
- If you cancel more than 8 weeks before your intended departure date, this charge is likely to be the amount of your deposit (including any increased deposit payable as a result of the booking of scheduled flights, see above) although it could be more. If the cancellation charge exceeds the deposit, you will be required to pay us any additional amount due. Charges for cancellation after the balance due date will vary due to the complex nature of our travel itineraries. Please ask for confirmation of the amount of any cancellation charge before cancellation. You should be aware that this charge is likely to increase the closer to departure date that the cancellation is made and may well be up to 100% of the total price of your booking. Please note that if the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim some or all of the cancellation charges. You will need to check with your insurers in this instance. In all cases, where cancellation results in a refund payment, such payment will be made to you as the lead and contracting member of your party, or any substitute lead and contracting member of the party (see above). This will be the case regardless of which member(s) of the party make(s) the deposit and/or balance payments for the booked experience arrangements.
- Flight costs are not refundable unless at the time of booking you wish to pay the premium for a flexible ticket, if available for the route in question. If you would like to make a payment when booking to allow for possible changes to flights, then please advise at time of booking.
6. EVENTS AND EVENT TICKETS
- Cancellation or curtailment of a major event or sporting fixture is an unusual occurrence and we accept no responsibility to refund or compensate where changes to an event are made for reasons beyond our control. Every effort will be made to offer alternative arrangements and in the unlikely event of cancellation any refund obtained will be passed on to you.
7. OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO YOU
- We take care to ensure that we use all reasonable skill and care in our selection of the parties involved in the preparation and supply of your experience. Please remember that the appropriate standards will be those prevalent in your experience destination
- We accept responsibility for ensuring all parts of the inclusive holiday you have booked with us are supplied to you as described and performed with reasonable skill and care. This means that subject to these booking conditions we will accept responsibility if your contracted holiday arrangements are not provided as promised as a result of failure by our employees, agents or suppliers. Please note that it is your responsibility to show that insufficient skill or care has been has been made by us. We are not able to accept responsibility for non contracted 3rd Parties and force majeure as described below.
- Where excursions and/or activities are booked and paid for in advance, and detailed on our confirmation invoice, these will form part of the experience package. We undertake to use all reasonable skill and care in our selection of excursion and activity suppliers. Any excursions and/or activities purchased in the experience destination will not form part of the experience package and your contract for such excursions/activities will be made with the relevant supplier, even where the excursion/activity is booked via, and/or payment is made to, our representatives or local agency staff.
- If any part of your holiday is not provided as advertised we will pay you appropriate compensation as long as you have taken reasonable steps to inform us or the supplier locally and given us/ them the opportunity to mitigate your loss. This clause is subject to force majeure
- Our liability for any claim (excluding personal injury, illness or death) will be limited to twice the cost of your holiday.
- The promises we make to you about the services we have agreed to provide or as part of our contract, and the laws and regulations of the country in which your complaint occurred, will be the basis for deciding whether the service in question had been properly provided.
- Where we are found liable for loss and damage to property the maximum we will pay is £1000 per person as you are assumed to have taken adequate insurance cover at the time of booking.
- In all cases, and where appropriate, our liability to you and your party is limited in accordance with, and as if we were a hotel, airline or other transportation provider governed by various international conventions. This limitation of liability applies to claims for, but not limited to, death, injury, illness, and loss, damage, delay in the transportation of luggage and personal belongings. Copies of applicable conventions will be provided upon request. Some of those that apply are:
a) The 1929 Warsaw Convention (as amended by the 1955 Hague Protocol and 1975 Montreal Protocol of 1975),
b) The 1999 Montreal Convention,
c) The 1961 Berne Convention,
d) The 1973 Geneva Convention,
e) The 1974 Athens Convention,
f) The 1962 Paris Convention.
In all cases our liability will be limited also in accordance with the relevant supplier’s conditions of carriage, copies of which will be provided upon request.
8. DELAYS AND FLIGHT CHANGES
a. Where a flight is changed, delayed or cancelled or you are denied boarding of an aircraft for any other reason which would provide entitlement to compensation under Regulation (EC) 261/2004, you are obliged to claim compensation from the relevant carrier. We are not an air carrier and will have no liability to you in relation to the above Regulation.
b. Flight Schedule times are subject to change by the airline which we have no control over. Should they advise us of any changes to their schedule time beforehand we will let you know. Any flight delays on the day will be advised at the airport by the airline. When you check in online please can you cross check the flights times are as per the e ticket and Travel Plan we will have sent you. Sometimes airlines change flight schedules without notifying us and it’s a good last minute check to ensure your break goes smoothly. Please note it is your responsibility to check flight times at on-line check in as we are not held liable for flight changes.
9. FORCE MAJEURE
- Very rarely we may be forced to change or terminate your holiday before or during your holiday. We regret that we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by Force Majeure. Force Majeure means any event which we or the supplier of the services in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
10. YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO US
- Whilst on holiday you will inform us immediately by calling our main line 01722 744695 during office hours or 07766 772059 outside of office hours if:
- A tour or service is not delivered or does not meet with your expectation. This will allow us to rectify matters that we will not be in a position to do upon your return.
- If, whilst on your holiday, you have any accident requiring medical attention, whether the accident was your fault or not. This will allow us to advise you as to the best course of action. We reserve the right to advise you to return home or seek medical assistance locally.
- It is essential that you do this to enable us to put matters right immediately, where possible. Failure to do this may mean that any claim for compensation will be affected
11. SPECIAL REQUESTS AND MEDICAL CONDITIONS / DISABILITIES
- If you have any special request you must advise us at the time of booking. Although we will endeavour to pass on any reasonable request to the relevant supplier we regret we cannot guarantee it will be met. Failure to meet any special request will not constitute a breach of contract on our part
- If you or any of your party has any medical conditions or disability which may affect your holiday or has any special requirements as a result of any medical condition or disability, please tell us before you confirm your booking so that we can assist you in considering the suitability of the arrangements.
- You must also promptly advise us if any medical condition or disability which may affect your holiday develops after your booking has been confirmed
- If you have any complaint or problem whilst away, you must inform us, our representatives or the relevant supplier as soon as possible to give us the maximum opportunity to rectify it. Any unresolved complaints must be notified to us in writing within 30 days of your return. If you do not notify your complaint at the earliest opportunity and/or formalise your complaint in writing within 30 days of your return, our ability to investigate your complaint will be affected and your right to compensation may be reduced or lost.
- If a complaint cannot be amicably settled, it may be referred to the arbitration scheme devised for the travel industry by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
13. FINANCIAL SECURITY
The air holiday packages shown are ATOL protected by the Civil
Aviation authority. Weekend a la Carte’s ATOL number is 6578.
you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive holiday from us you will
receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you
can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go
or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the services
listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where
neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative
ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable
alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances
the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree
to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative
ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible
to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make
a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).”
we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the
services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder
for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make
a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree
that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees
any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision
of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your
credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be
re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under
the ATOL scheme.”
14. BROCHURE AND WEBSITE
- Whilst we make every effort to ensure that the information on our website is accurate and not misleading, it is published many months before your experience takes place and may be subject to change. We reserve the right to make changes to the website and any information it contains at any time. Where material changes are made to website content after your experience has been booked, every effort will be made to inform of such changes prior to travel.
15. FLIGHTS AND AIRPORT SECURITY
- The choice of airlines and destinations has eased the cost and increased the convenience for travelers. We offer all our customers the opportunity to buy their own flight tickets to accompany any combination of ground arrangements made through us.
- If we book the flights for you then please be aware that timings are for general guidance only. The actual flight times will be those printed on your tickets. It is possible that flight times could be changed after a ticket is issued, in which case we will advise you as soon as possible.
- If you book your own flights then you assume liability to ensure that you are able to reach the destination of your holiday booked through us. Unfortunately we will not be able to offer a refund for ground arrangements made with us and not used due to you forgetting or making an error in your flight booking.
- Our recommended insurance policy provides some cover in the event of delays in any of your flights.
Please be aware that all
airlines will automatically cancel a return flight if you do not use the
outward bound flight. Unfortunately even if we pre-advise them that the outward
flight is not going to be used they will still cancel the return flight and you
will not be able to use it. They will also not give re refund.
Please note that it is very
likely that the new Airport security checks for flights to America will also be
randomly used for all destinations. Therefore you must ensure that all your
electronic devices are fully charged and able to be powered up to show they
work, otherwise you will not be allowed to take them on board the flight.
Flight Schedule times are subject to change by the airline which we have no control over. Should they make any changes to their schedule time beforehand we will let you know. Any flight delays on the day will be advised at the airport by the airline.
- We will store and use the personal data supplied by you as part of your booking form for the purposes of fulfilling the contract between us. We will never pass on your information to third parties other than to fulfill the contract between us. We will use the information provided to keep you informed of services and special offers that we feel might be of interest to you. Please inform us at the time of booking if you do not wish us to use your information in such ways.
This contract is governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
18. REGISTERED OFFICE